Sunday, January 1, 2012

sloowwww

Dear Slow customers,
     I  would just like to let everybody know that I work at a gas station, i get paid 8.50$ an hour and I leave at ten o'clock. So just to let all of the old ladies counting change, the balding man who seems to have lost his credit card, the middle aged woman looking for a coupon, and all of the other slow customers, I get paid by the hour. When you take ten minutes to check out at a gas station, do not apologize to me, I am stuck here no matter how long you take, but please turn around, look into the hateful eyes of your fellow shoppers, their angry glares, and the dreaded stink-eye, and think to yourself is that ten cents really worth it? Or maybe you could like let someone else go in front of you while you dig for your money, or run off to go get that thing you forgot, as crazy as that seems, when you as a customer are slow the only person you are hurting is yourself, I couldn't care less if you take 30 seconds or 30 minutes to check out, as long as I'm gone by ten I am a happy camper, but maybe just maybe, glance behind you, into those eyes, look into the grim faces of your fellow shoppers who would enjoy nothing more than giving you a swift kick in the ass, and maybe use a credit card, get rid of your outdated checkbook. Or have your money out and ready, and please don't sit there and look at me like I'm the one causing this. All I am is a lowly cashier, trying to earn money for college all I want is to go home and sleep. So while you count your change, needlessly fill out your check, or dig for that coupon that will save you a nickel, always remember there is always somebody behind you in line.

2 comments:

  1. (Okay so because you linked me your blog I'm just going to assume it's okay for me to creep through all your blog posts.)

    This post made me laugh really hard. haha. I'm a cashier too and what the heck it really stresses me out when there's a super long line and someone is taking forever to pay! Also I get paid $1.25 less than you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to deal with more shit than you, literally. It's not fun, poop is gross.... really gross.

    ReplyDelete